Monday 24 November 2014

Singing Home the Whale by Mandy Hager



Will Jackson is hiding out, a city boy reluctantly staying with his uncle in small town New Zealand while he struggles to recover from a brutal attack and the aftermath of a humiliating YouTube clip gone viral.

After he discovers a young abandoned orca whale his life is further thrown into chaos, when he rallies to help protect it against hostile, threatening interests. This threatens to tear apart the small fishing community and forever changes Will's life.

I loved this book, really loved it.  The plot is full of drama and excitement and at the same time it is a touching story of the relationship between a boy and a young whale. It’s a rich, multi-layered story but most of all I loved it because it connected with me emotionally and I have to admit I shed a few tears at the end.

Reviewed by Carolyn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment